View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 11:57 PM   #171
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Avanill

Avanill was becoming increasingly more conscious of the dangers and happenings around him. The young man was deeply troubled by the fact that they were not going towards the shire. In all his years he had never trusted a client or anyone for that matter, why would he start now. Naiore was after all a servant of Sauron, and bitter at his downfall. He began to accept the illusive facts behind the truths of their involvement with the elf.

That night Avanill confronted Ferney when Naiore was gone form the camp. “Was this your idea of a joke, Ferney?” he asked, his voice hard and cool. Avanill would have found it very easy to kill him in an instant had he said yes.

Though Ferney looked at him bewildered. “Do you think I knew she’d take us to Rivendell Boyo?” he said in a rushed whisper. “I don’t want top be here anymore than you do, all though it could have it’s advantages…”

“What possibly could be of use to you in Rivendell?” Avanill frowned “Elf treasures would most certainly be cursed, or protected.” He sighed and shook his head.

Ferney took a step towards him, “Not having second thoughts are you mate?”

“Ive been having second thought ever since we left Bree, ive been having second thoughts ever since we took Vanwe, Ive been having second thoughts ever since we killed Tallas, so why on earth would I be having second thoughts now?” Avanill was angry. “What im trying to say is, I think something is going to happen, and whatever happens I know that we among the others will be caught in the middle of it. And what of these new additions, she speaks now of attacking Rivendell, I do not fight for anyone but myself, and only then do I kill people who wrong me. No elf has ever done harm to myself or my family, I have no quarrel with them. She never spoke of this to us at the beginning, so I say there is more which is not being spoken of.” Avanill lowered his head and was deep in thought.

Barrold nodded agreeing, “What do you suggest we do?”

“At this point in time, I have no idea. What ever happened, at the end It will be every man for himself agreed?”

“Agreed.” Barrold yawned and in his head Avanill smiled.
Every man for himself, as always.

~My lord, Éomer~