View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 12:37 PM   #38
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien

lmp: While I was trying to expound at greater length (no kidding!), that is one of the points that I was working toward.

mark12_30:

Quote:
Since there seems to be more than one voice insisting that there can only be one eucatastrophe, one revelation, per book, I'm a bit baffled.
Who has said that? Certainly not me. As a matter of fact I've said the opposite several times. My thing is not that there can't be more than one eucatastrophe per story, it is that the eucatastrophe should not happen the same way twice. Perhaps even that the multiple eucatastrophies should be directed at different objectives. Maril of the Really Long Name [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] also has a very good point about the perspective of the characters in the story and the circumstances that are being used to define the eucatastrophe in question.