View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 09:21 AM   #98
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

They had all walked trough the dark tunnel and reached the bandits lair. Ewinda was almost regretting she came along. Although she had taken some elvish medicines she could feel that she was wounded, she wasn't quite herself. She was also afraid of what might happen. But then she rememberd that she did it for Elentari and the company. They didn't afford to lose another companien. Merenwen's death had been hard on them all and if Elentari died, there wouldn't be much strenght left to slay the dragon. Then another thought past trough her mind, they had to save the prisoners and Lostlondwen's mother!

"I can't think now, the only way we will be able to slay the dragon is to get us all out of here, alive. And we aren't going to do that if we don't fight." she said to herself. She grabbed her sword and suddenly she felt a tearing pain in her back. But she didn't have the time to think anymore, because one of the bandits were heading towards her. Behinde him she saw a quick glimpse of Elentari before the bandits body coverd both her and the moonlight. He came almost running and with his sword in his hand. She was sure, she was sure he would use it to kill.

His sword did some quick moves, but he missed Ewinda with an inch. She heard the sound of the sword cutting the wind, but in her ears it was almost like the shreaking voice of death. Once more and then Ewinda fought back. " You aren't getting me that easy," she cried at him as she stuck her sword in his chest. He said nothing just fell heavely to the ground as Ewinda turned away.

Now there was a free bane. She hurried over towards where she had seen Elentari. She was now laying on the ground. Beside her lay a dwarf, it was Vráin.

Gráin was already there.

"Vráin," he said in a quiet voice.

"I think he has passed out," Ewinda said.

"We must get him to safety,and Elentari too perhaps" Gráin wispherd in a troubled voice.

"I know, but where?" Ewinda asked.

Ewinda turned as she heard running behind her. "oh, it's you" she said to Lostlondwen.

"We have one down, perhaps two" Ewinda informed the newcomer.

They all looked at eachother, they all knew that they were thinking the same. " What were they to do?"

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]