View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 02:09 PM   #328
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
secrets of craft revealed

This is how I do it:

Quote:
Is (if, as, so) it ----- to ----t---, I may (see, say, lie, die,) ---- is killing (calling, rolling, tolling, billing) ---- elders (almond, albino, alpine) and (for) betters -- ill -----. Take (took, told), ---- ----- --- ---- -------- --------- glad, (clad, olid, slid, bled, else)!
The main goal is to guess out some key-words - in this case - betters (when combined with 'calling', as I do not remember much 'killings' with JRRT - 'slaying' a-plenty, but 'killings' not that much, still more in 'minor works' - so, I assume it is 'calling'. I know only one person to accuse somebody of 'calling his betters' - else is technical staff of finding exact quote

To calculate possibilities, I employ Lingvo 9 (translating tool - Russian/English, but there are versions with French, German and Italian as well) - in my case, very useful facility to check spelling and meaning out, and I've found, for PoF type of games too. Per instance, the last word has a second 'l' in it. It may have a consonant before l (as in 'bled, clad'), or may not. 'else' comes to mind, but to double-check it, I may type something like 'alxe' into itno Lingvo search field. In return, it comes up with possible choices: axle and aloe. For 'elxe' - else and Elbe come out, for 'olxe' - nothing sensible. What my role is, is to make correct choice and than go for books

So good for craft secret

Next on up, though:

Quote:
---- ----- --- ----- ----- ------ ----;
--- ----- ------‘- ---- --- ------- --- ----,
--- --- ---‘-- -- ------ ----!

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote