View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 01:24 PM   #160
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

"I live here...well, in Edoras, anyway," Windheneb said, watching Delia pass and smiling at her. "What's her name anyway?" he asked, nodding at Delia.

"You do not even know her name?" Aylwen said, a hint of teasing in her voice. "She is Delia."

"Ah, what a beautiful name," Windheneb said, smiling a bit.

"You'd say it was a beautiful name if she turned out to be called Gantag," Castar pointed out. "And I will probably be returning home tomorrow. Unless there is some reason that I should stay, that is."

He looked at Aylwen and smiled a little, then blushed. Castar wondered if his parents could last another day without him. He did not have to go home, did he?

"No particular reason," Aylwen said, chuckling, "But you are fun to have around. Anyway, who will be here to protect me from Windy?"

Windheneb was making eye-signals with Delia from across the room. At the mention of his name, however, he turned around. "Huh? What? I didn't do it. I swear."

Castar snorted as he pushed a stray strand of hair out of his face. Windheneb looked at him questioningly. "We were speaking of your love for Delia...and all other women. I may stick around for another day, just to make sure you do not wind up taken by guards for flirting with the wrong girl."

"I would not flirt with the wrong girl," Windheneb said dejectedly, "I am an expert."

"Speaking of expert," Aylwen said, "I have to check to make sure I am not needed. I will be back shortly if not."

As Aylwen bustled off, Castar finished his ale. He called Delia over and asked her for a refill. Windheneb made a comment to Castar about pining over his recently-departed love, Aylwen. Castar glared at him but took the ale enthusiastically once it was brought to him.