View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 09:00 AM   #222
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

It started to rain again, but that hardly mattered to the big, bald barbarian. He was not a man of virtues and patience was one he would have least of all, if he ever had any.

"A hundred miles isn't too far. At full gallop we can cover thirty a day." Ozracles growled. "It is about time we laid claim on the jewels and make good it's bounty."

Himelilek nodded in agreement, carefully keeping away as much of the pelting rain from her as possible. The pack of horses they had gathered from the horse thieves tethered close to them, their bundled captive all but forgotten.

Thorondruin gave some thought to Ozracles suggestion, scratching his stubbled chin, he grunted, "Mayhap it is possible, I too grow tired of this journey. You had better be right, elfmaid," he added, glaring at Hithundiel, "I will not brook any treachery."

"Neither will we," sneered Ozracles, fingering the hilt of his savage blade.

Himelilek said nothing but her sharp, elven eyes detected the look of alarm in the other elfmaid's eyes. Though it was not quite from what the men had to say, but more from what she had sensed. She had seen something she intended to keep quiet about and Himelilek decided to keep a close look on Hithundiel. Something didn't quite fit in about her.