View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 02:53 PM   #228
Childlike Empress
Wight

Childlike Empress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lenilos and Carathon were hunched over their roasted carrots and potatoes, both trying hard to pretend they didn't want anything else in the world to eat, when Lenilos heard something and looked up.

Carathon looked around. "What is it?" he asked.

Lenilos put his fingers to his lips to indicate silence and got to his feet. He stealthily slipped into the woods surrounding the camp.
Carathon waited with baited breath the ten minutes it took for Lenilos to return. When he did, he wasn't alone; he had two girls and three horses in tow! Carathon got to his feet, surprised. He was about to ask what was going on, but the Elf held up his hand.

He said, "This is the sister," he frowned and corrected himself. "This is my sister, Hithduiniel. This is Livia. She, hm, left the men... with Hithduiniel." He was about to continue, but Livia put her hand on his arm, a move which startled the young Elf, and quickly explained everything to Carathon. The boy nodded in understanding and said something back to her. She responded, indicating the horses at one point, and the two had a conversation which the Elves could not understand much of, but which left them frustrated. They were not used to being unable to understand when people spoke.

Finally, Livia turned to them and said in passable, if strangely accented, Sindarin, "I told him how we got here and that I was kidnapped. Lenilos, he told me all you have to eat are some vegetables, well, when we took the packhorse, I made sure it was the one carrying all the thieves' food, so we've got enough to last us weeks and weeks if necessary. We should see what else it's carrying. Maybe we got their weapons too." She gave a somewhat feral grin and turned to unload the horses. The others helped and soon they had the brigands' possessions laid out near the fire, where they could see them. There were no weapons and no money, but lots of food, as Livia had said, and aparently the extra bedding, because there were several blankets and some clothing. There were also various small sacks filled with trinkets, some looking very expensive. All in all, a good haul. Add in the stabbing, which was sure to throw the group into chaos even if the barbarian hadn't died (though privately Livia wished he had), and it was a good night.

They put everything from the horse into a neat pile out of the way and used the blankets to get a comfortable night's sleep. Lenilos woke the next morning much refreshed.

[ November 26, 2002: Message edited by: Childlike Empress ]