View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #636
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I've only been studying Psych for a few months, but didn't Freud more or less invent the entire concept of psychology? Which means that, by sending him to Mordor, you also send psychiatrists, psychiatric wards, and mental care, as well as indirect effects of the discovery of psychology, such as maternity leave and parents being allowed to visit hospitals with children?
Actually, that's a common misconception. Freud was considered the father of psycho-analysis, which is only a branch on psychology as a whole. However, he got his ideas from a colleage, who gave him help with some clients. Basically, Freud is all hype, and should be thrown into Mordor with all the other hype.

Also, and I'm sure this has been mentioned, POLITICIANS. All of them, no exceptions. I don't care what they're political leaning is, toss 'em in. I think I'll also throw in people who drive exactly the speed limit in the fast lane, diplomats, and research papers. And Microsoft.

Well, on second thought, nevermind. I shudder to think what Bill Gates would do there. Probably come up with the one OS of Power.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote