View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #123
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree that this Lottie bandwagon doesn't look great. I'm still a bit confused as to why she looks so suspicious. From what I'm getting, it's because of her silly behaviour*, which tends to be a popular reason for a Day One vote, though more often than not that person turns out innocent. I can't really say yet if anyone who's part of the bandwagon is necessarily suspicious. There could be a wolf among them (4 voters now, right?), but there's also a good chance that all of them are just lazy and taking the easy route in terms of voting.

I'd like to avoid this bandwagon, but let's all be careful about creating a second bandwagon too. Often a second bandwagon formed due to the disliking of the first can end up being just as disastrous, if not more when it's done last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
A retraction is a good idea when you are not sure you can be back before the DL and need to vote just to be sure you vote - and then you suddenly are able to come back and major things have happened meanwhile.
That's exactly why I'd rather like to keep my retraction. With my limited time schedule, there's a good chance something like this could happen, so I'd rather not waste it. Yes, retractions can be helpful to the wolves, but they can also be helpful to innocents.

*Correct me if I'm wrong. I admit I'm not reading posts thoroughly because I'm multi-tasking with schoolwork, so I could easily be missing something here.