View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 04:14 PM   #89
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Aradaewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aradaewen Send a message via AIM to Aradaewen
Sting

Radae watched Shade leave with a barely surpressed panic slowly diminishing in her chest. She had had to contend with signs like this every day of her life, and it was very scary at times. She shuddered to think what the populace would do with the kin of the dragon that caused them so much misery so long ago. She knew that in time, she would have to leave society all together; because she was not a true elf, she did age. Very, very slowly, but she would grow old and die someday. What would happen if someone happened to see an elf with wrinkles?

With a meaningful look to Collette (meaning that she should stay in her room with her muffins) Radae stood and followed Shade out the door. When she had crossed the threshold and stood at the door of the Inn, Shade melted against the wall with his cloak and became almost invisible.

He had doubted the wisdom of this- since Radae's elf eyes should be able to pick him out right away, and when she saw him would think he was hiding. But her eyes passed over him several times, and her keen elf ears did not pick up the sound of his breathing. He watched in amazement as she walked right by him and faded into the gathering darkness.