Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #226
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Gorath was surprised at Jesslyn. This group had been designated as the archers. Many had already fallen in the trees and on the ground. Glancing around he saw that many were following her, though some were still firing. Jess was already fighting with the wildmen.

He called to his younger brother in their native tongue. "I'll cover from above."

Galain knew that meant he was to fight beside her, and he was the better of hand to hand combat. Taking a last shot at a man about to kill a settler, Galain swung his bow over his shoulder and unsheathed his sword while dropping to the ground. It took him several minutes to reach the warrior maidens side. Gorath had helped a bit from his vantage to clear Galains path.

Jesslyn didn't acknowledge the dark Elf as he started fighting beside her, yet she shifted her movements to better use the dual fighting.

All the time Gorath kept firing from afar.

~*~

Annanoldowen stumbled to one side and clutched her arm. She was in the clear for the moment and all she could think about was catching her breath. She was not meant for the warrior life.

A man spotted her and started toward her with a grin on his face. She straightened and raised her sword again, walking toward him as well. She would not be an easy kill no matter. He had two shorter blades and started swinging them around her. Annanoldowen's sword clanged against one first, than the other blade. Soon he would have her blade trapped and side wide open. Crying out she wrenched her blade to the side and brought it back in a sweeping arc which the wild man easily blocked. He brought his second blade around to cut into her abdomen, yet her stomach was not where it should have been. Still keeping her tight grip on the sword, the Elf had swept down and kicked viciously at his right knee cap, breaking it in. With one leg gone he quickly collapsed to her left and Annanoldowen drove her sword with his body. The blade entered just past midchest toward the right side of his body. He wasn't dead yet and he swung one blade at her legs. Annanoldowen hopped back as far as she could and her armor easily deflected the would be wound. In three breaths he was gone and she gruffly retrieved her weapon, holding the body down with her foot.

Not thinking about what she was doing anymore, the scholarly Elf turned savior walked on to her next fight.

~*~

Lanaey saw a figure coming from one side and turned with her blade raised again to find it her lost companion Annanoldowen. Before she could get to the Elf however, several wildmen came at Lanaey and she had to turn and meet them head on. It was a frenzy of blades, twists and turns. Lanaey's wounded leg from the last major battle was no longer working as well as it should, bending more at the knee than desired.

For a couple of moments Lanaey had been fighting three men and then suddenly, there was one. Taking him out was harder than she liked, but it didn't take too long. Looking over she saw Annanoldowen coming back towards her.

Annanoldowen sounded tired. "They didn't notice me. I got one and then the other came after me."

"Where is he?"

Annanoldowen nodded to one side where a wild man lay dead.

Lanaey nodded. "Thank you. Where's your horse?"

"I got knocked off," she shrugged.

Lanaey moved to her side and they continued together.