View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 01:57 PM   #62
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Oh poor Bill. I'm sorry. Send them to HER....<P>Ahem. I went to a 7:00 showing. My audience was pretty good. It was sold out and we were almost all in our seats a half hour before the film started. 90% of us were older teenagers to young twenty-somethings, I've never been around this many people my age since going a rock concert in October! (I was homeschooled....) Anyway, so that was interesting. For the most part everyone was into the movie, riveted in silence except for laughter at the jokes and cute bits. (All Gimli's one-liners, Gandalf telling Pippin not to speak, etc.) There weren't really cheers, but some people going "yes!" when Eowyn did her whole Witch-King thing. It was deathly silent when the screen went blank, I don't think I was the only one holding my breath. People clapped at the end, but almost everyone left before the credits were over. I didn't mind—that meant I could get out of the parking lot easier when I left.<P>No one around me had any trouble with Frodo/Sam Merry/Pippin. It was wonderful.<P>At first the sound didn't work, so we missed half of the Spider-Man 2 trailer. We were all very worried.