View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 01:52 AM   #66
Wren
Pile O'Bones

Wren has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Wren Send a message via AIM to Wren
Sting

I love to rp especially in Tolkien's perameters, but I am really struggling. I posted in the Green Dragon, and applied for a role in the Corsair story which is just starting up, but it is difficult for a new person to be creative in such a strict envirionment.

I compare this to perfoming Shakesphere to doing improvisation. I actually love improvisation, but Shakesphere is much more difficult to create.

So far my experiences with roleplay have been where a gm controls almost everything, (a style I'm not too fond of), and free form boards such as you have described the old style of the Barrow-Downs to be. I have spent quite a bit of time rping on one such board, where there is little moderation, and plenty of chaos. Moderators do become involved when a member is very naughty, however, breaking the forum rules, etc. (There not many rules, though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

So coming to this style of forum is a difficult transition, but I love that there are no one line posts, or god-like characters, or people controlling other people's characters. What I am wondering about is can there be some sort of less controlled board? I don't mean complete chaos, but somewhere where beginners can get there feet wet, and start their own stories?

I apologized if this is out of order, but I am hoping someone will bear with a newbie, who is also a fellow rper and lover of all things Tolkien. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 02, 2003: Message edited by: Wren ]
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote