View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #192
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Forgive me. They are good children, but over eager in manner sometimes." Garstan the stoneshaper laughed. "As is their father. But come! Tell me. May we rest here?"

Eodwine smiled. "I give you good greeting, and rest here you may, though I wager you'll find more work than rest if you've a will to it! I am Eodwine of the Gap, newly made eorl of the Middle Emnet, and you have happened upon my humble mead hall to be. This is Saeryn of the Folde, my hostess, and this is Master Falco Boffin, of the Shire in the north."

Falco bowed low, receiving a stare of wonder from Garstan, and giggles from the cart. Falco straightened and aimed a big wink at the two lumps with eyes peering at him from the cart, and was rewarded with fresh giggles.

Saeryn spoke up. "Is there anything to eat or drink I can offer you, sir?"

"Well - I - uh - have little coin..."

"Fear not!" Eodwine interrupted. "My guests are true guests. I do not take their coin." He turned to Saeryn. "'Twas a good thought, Saeryn. See what Kara may have to offer if you will." Saeryn nodded and made her way to the back of the kitchen.

"You look in need of some coin, if I may dare to say so," Garstan said in a somewhat conspiratorial tone.

Eodwine laughed. "Yes, we have had an accident this day. The wall fell over this morning. 'Twould seem the roof that had rested on it was propping it up and we knew it not. We'll have some clearing to do and a new Great Hall to build, and -" Eodwine paused. "-did you say you're a stoneshaper?"

"That I did, lord."

"Would you stop a while and ply your trade here?"

Intro to Eorling Mead Hall rpg