View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 12:38 PM   #153
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Birdie, m'dear, welcome to the club; "Grok Frodo Aye! At Ease!"

...and now, please go here:

just the map, nice and big

and then go here

The Poster With Fellowship and ringwraiths

And have a ball. I just wish they had the one with the "druggie" emu & eggplant border... but I LOVE this one too (I have a color printer [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mith-- is it all in a glass case? Is there a picture of your collection online? (hint)

Hilde Bracegirdle, to get the musty smell out of old books, I put them into a large plastic bag with some ammonia (not touching the book, you just want the fumes) and leave it for ... as long as it takes.

However, I've been working on a George Macdonald paperback (Princess and Curdie) and it didn't work and didn't work. I finally had to immerse it in the ammonia. Now the book is drying clamped flat between two boards by the woodstove. I don't know whether the book will survive this draconian torture or not. I don't recommend this method unless the book is so mildewed that it's headed for the trash (like this one is, and my old Ballantine trilogy, which I didnt think of trying this on.) I'm fighting so hard for the Princess and Curdie because the cover art is by Pauline Baynes!

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]