View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #176
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
"Well, Mardil, when are you going to cast your vote?" asked Eomer, flopping down beside Mardil during a village recess. "You're the one, after all, who led the way in accusing Fea."

Mardil took out one of his knives and began twirling it. "Oh, I suppose I'll go ahead and vote when everyone gets back."

"For Fea?" asked Tom Felton, scooting over closer to join in the conversation.

"No, probably for CoD," answered Mardil.

"Why not Fea?" asked Tom.

"For one thing, she's almost certain to get lynched anyway. Second, she's hot."

"I know what you mean, Mardil," agreed Eomer. "There's a shortage of hot women in the world. It would be a pity to damage one so hot as that without absolute proof."

"But she's as likely as anyone to be a wolf!" said Tom. "The object here is to kill wolves, not keep ladies alive. We need to vote for her."

"I'm sorry, Tom," argued Eomer, "But my noble Scottish spirit simply will not allow me to kill a young damsel without more proof than this."

"You're Scottish?" asked Tom, noticing Eomer's kilt for the first time.

"Of course," answered Eomer.

Tom leapt away from him in disgust. "I can't believe I was talking with a Scot- filthy mudblood! Wait till my father hears they're letting Scots into Mordor." Tom stomped off mumbling curses under his breath.

"What in the world was that about?" said Eomer in surprise.

"Oh, it's probably just in-a-rut-casting syndrome," answered Mardil. "It happens to actors who really only play one role all the time- they begin to, out of habit, act like their onscreen characters in real life."

"How horrible," shuddered Eomer.

"Yes, yes," agreed Mardil. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go get something to eat. When I get back, I'll cast my vote for ++CoD."

"Wait, wait!" called Eomer as Mardil began walking away. "Before you go I want your opinion on something. Since you aren't voting for Fea, does that mean you like her werewolf summoning plan?"

Mardil started laughing and turned back to look at Eomer. "Her plan would be excellent if not for the fact that she summoned far too many wolves. The amount of wolves she summoned, if incorporated into the village, would lead to an instant werewolf victory since there would be more wolves than innocents. Right now the count is nine innocents and three wolves. If we're going to summon wolves, we wouldn't want to summon any more than five, and we'd need to then lynch two of them today, but seeing as so many votes have already been cast, I don't think we could pull that off."

"So you think it would be foolish to support the plan?"

"Most definitely," said Mardil emphatically. "Now, I really need to go. If I don't hurry, I won't be back in time for the start of the next round of arguments."