View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots A Lost Valentine

No, this is not a reference to a currently popular American television show.

As Fea has reminded us , Valentines is older than St. Valentine.

What? you say! A festival devoted to flaying young women and sacrificing goats and warding off wolves! Is this something for Eomer's thread? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if something showed up there....

But, no, this is something completely lost. I've heard tales of its profound decadence and utter silliness. 'tis said to be one of the earlier signs of mirth here on the Downs, but is a thread lost, link broken, gone to where all good virtual writing goes, wh ich apparently is beyond the circles of electrical wiring.

I speak of Squatter's Lupercalia thread. And in honour of St. Valentine's Day I am sending out a general plea to all Downers, should anyone have a copy of it stashed away in the archives of their inboxes, or stored in Word, to resurrect the thread here.

You see, it started just before I joined the Downs and maybe even was closed by TPTB and then was lost in forum shuffles. And I am so very curious about it...

Can anyone help? Does anyone have a hatch wherein one may find old files? Share the love!