View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #6
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

My dear Fea, I am so pleased to see that something I have done has made a young college student feel even younger. Perhaps you could reciprocate for the benefit of all us old time Downers?

But alas, it lies not in my power to tell the tale, as I have only heard of it. I understand it was a very literary thread, augmented by the likes of many venerable Downers in the past, such as the departed Miriel and Maril and goldwine, possibly Lush and Mr. Underhill. Certainly the venerable Squatter--Downers whose wit and sense of humour often livened the occasion rather than bogged it down with heady analysis as the Books forum sometimes these days is wont to see.

I had thought, you see, since this is the forum for remembrances of things past, I would offer a valentine to a mythic thread now known only in oral tradition. A bit of a tease I guess. What is lost can only be recovered, I suppose, with speculation and theories.