View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #8
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Breatheless with adoration (get the reference?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squatter of Amon Rűdh
Courtesy of The Wayback Machine I give you The Lupercalia thread, started back in February 2002.

I tried searching this massive archive when this thread was first posted, but it was only tonight, while talking about it on IRC, that I worked out what the engine needed to be fed. I'm afraid that page 3, in which Lush proposed marriage and I inadvertantly re-invented an Ingmar Bergman story, has been forever lost. Still, enjoy what's there. This one's for you, Beth.
Aw, shucks. Just for lil ole me? (sorry, couldn't resist that)

Honestly, though, now that I've read it, I have second thoughts about it. Imagine the spectre of some of our most illustrious members being closed down for mirthful off topicness. Why, it would be enough to encourage the most susceptible newbie to boldly go where topics should not be gone and Esty has her hands full these days.

On third thought, some elvish wag could be tempted to re-sub-create out of that Void. Now, would that be Middle-earth sacrilege--I was tempted here to spell that sacriledge just for Thena's sake-- the closest we might come on the Downs to a homage to Eru's creation out of the Void? Well, I don't know. Given our ways and predilections here, parody might be closer to the mark than homage methinks.

Thought the fourth: what is wrong with parody?

And I'll take the fifth ... thought: What would a parody of the Lupercalian thread be like? Hmm, I don't know. Having boldly gone there, why return? Lush has found true love, Turmabar has found other forums, and etc etc. There are always new threads to be punned.

Still, it is a fun read. Thanks for finding it Squatter.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 03-29-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote