View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #106
Mumriken
Banned

Mumriken is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Biggest mistakes he did with the lotr trilogy:
  • No Old forest, the entire part of the first book was shorted down to 15 min or so. (This is where one should get to know the hobbits.)
  • Casting of merry. (I didn't like the choice.)
  • Glorfindel. (As great as it was to see Arwen save Frodo from the riders it wasn't a good idea.)
  • The 2 min sections leading up to 10 min fighting scenes throughout Moria and beyond. (Now it became a action movie)
  • Casting of Haldir. (A bit baby faced and one could see he had taken a shave)
  • Lothlorien, I did not like the design here at all. Looked like something out of Star Wars.
  • Gimli's jokes. (Just annoying, this character was raped)
  • Legolas, he did not seem natural and if one contrasts him with Elrond or Haldir he looks fake.
  • The camera angles throughout the entire movie. (Whenever there is personal up close action the cameras change every 2 sec. Where is the clint eastwood up close action scenes? Also in some chasing scenes it felt like watching a car chase.
  • Gandalf the white, he did not live up to his title. Christopher Lee however did.
  • The two towers movie in general, quite awful. Had some nice moments with the ents and Gollum but other than that horrible.
  • The return of the king is one big fight, and while impressive a time waster.
  • No confrontation between Gandalf and With king and the one they made was horrible horrible!
  • Denethor, I hated everything about him and also Faramir's accent.
  • Merry and Pippin at his point make me sick.
  • The black gate, here would be a great oppurtunity to create some great emotionally loaded moments. But what we get is not that, but just another fight that couldn't live up to the first one that lasted what about an hour?
  • Frodo's voiceover work at the end, I'd prefer Galadriel's and some actual explanation and not some slimy corny OHHH Saaam..voice.

Now here is what they managed to pull of:
  • 10 sec of the Eowyn/Nazgul chase. To be more specific when she rode on the open road and the horse's speed matched the tempo of the song perfectly and of course when the Nazgul referred to her as she-elf. That might actually have been lost if they'd use Glorfindel instead.
  • Elrond, I really liked this guy. Even though he looked like he had a massive headache most of the time he was a good choice for the noble elf.
  • The little deep dialouge Gandalf has, like in Moria for example when he speaks of to follow your nose and about Gollum.
  • The Balrog. (Not necessarly the scenes but the design)
  • Galadriel. (Perfect chioce)
  • Frodo & Sam. (I liked the actors and suprisingly most of their scenes)
  • Gollum. (Only reason one would watch the second and third movie a second time)
  • Ents and orcs who want to eat merry and pippin. Two orcs to be specific, these should get some kind of award for how they presented the orcs. (What about their legs, they don't need those...probably best line in the second movie)
  • Saruman's reaction to the ents...ohhh yes got to love that.
  • Aragorn speaking to the dead. (Great dialouge and design on the ghost thing)
  • Scenes with Gollum...
  • Frodo/Gollum fight at the Volcano.
  • Eagles coming to save them.
  • Cirdan, Elrond, Gandalf and Galadriel together and old Bilbo and the little dialouge the movie ends with.

There is some good stuff but most of it's bad, if the movies are all in all 9 hours long. I'd say 30 min or so is watchable. Overall a failure:

2/5
Mumriken is offline   Reply With Quote