View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #217
fimbulfambi

Ugh.

Thorin looks like everything that's wrong with PJ's interpretation of Tolkien's work.

I'm afraid we won't get a cinematic adaption of The Hobbit, which is basically a book for children, but nonetheless has some more subtle, tender ideas and messages which can be moving for adults as well. (Just read the deathbed scene at the end of the novel).

Instead, judging by our previous experiences with Jackson, we will get a nauseating blend of angsty fanfiction, various scenes from other works of Tolkien which just don't belong in The Hobbit (and just don't provide enough material for a fleshed-out narrative - any scenes about the White Council will need completely new dialogues, and we all know how good the PJ team is in that department ), as well as an inappropriate emphasis on the martial aspects of the plot. (PJ's dwarves just don't look like they're about to go on a journey where weapons are only of secondary importance.)

Basically, we'll get a gritty reboot, and the ridiculous images of Thorin, Dwalin and especially Kili prove this in my opinion.

By the way, is there a piece of a hammer sticking in Bifur's head?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nthebrain.jpg/