View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
Alchisiel
Haunting Spirit

Location: At The Golden Perch enjoying the best pint in the East Farthing!
Alchisiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I came late in life to LOTR, I think I was 29 or 30. I didn't even know about the books until I first saw FotR. I was talking to some co-workers about the movie and they told me about the books, so I went to Barnes and Noble that same day and bought the Hobbit, a co-worker lent me her LOTR book and I now own my own set of LOTR and Hobbit books, The Silm, and Unfinished Tales. So I guess you could say that the movies brought me into the wonderful world of the books and to you great people!

I remember when I first saw Theoden's death scene-I cried my eyes out!! I've only cried at two other death scenes-Greta Garbo's death scene in Camille, and Bette Davis' death scene in Dark Victory (I'm an old movie buff). They were such good death scenes that I could feel the emotions that the actors were trying to portray. Now when I read the books, I always cry at Theoden's death even though it's different in the movie. It also made me realize that I am a Hobbit!!! I sleep late, like to eat, I enjoy a good pint, and I too have a tendancy to be round in the middle!!