Old 02-11-2003, 07:09 PM   #170
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Tolkien

Quote:
New Topic: Loyal Companions

Sam is a very good example. What do you think Frodo would be like if he wasn't there-especially since Gandalf was gone?
::breathes::Now shall we get back to our thread?
Quote:
"So all my plan is spoilt!...It is no good trying to escape you. But I'm glad Sam. I cannot tell you how glad."(Frodo to Sam, BookII, Chapter10 FOTR}
Good topic Arie [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Personally, I think 2 are better than 1:

Quote:
Two are better than one, becasue they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three stands is not quickly broken (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NIV Bible)
I believe Frodo could've made it on his own (with his strong Hobbit-heart), but then again, 2 are better than 1. Sam is perfect for the role of taking care of Frodo. Without him, Gollum would've overpowered him already, and better yet Shelob would've eaten him already too!