View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 03:44 PM   #31
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Yes Snick, cancels out, so I thank thee kindly for the removal of the gag. And I have a new point in our favor:

While watching The Two Towers (extended edition) in my Tril class the other day, I commented to a low-grade Viggonite that if people in the class would just listen to me and read the Silm, then they wouldn't be interrupting the movie with questions that can be easily answered. She asked if I had a copy of the Silm, which I procured for her just yesterday, and she is now in the midst of learning more about Elves, Maiar, Valar, etc. She also asked some questions about Arwen and Aragorn, so I kndly directed her to the Appendices of RotK. This Viggonite is not a hard-core movie fan, she is a book fan, and prefers the characters to the actors. She wants information directly from the source, not from an actor's portrayal. Not all character fans are swooners (in the fainting, drooling sense).

Point introduced... hopefully made.
Fea