View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 09:01 PM   #227
Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bombadil
Boots

Iadarion was delightfully drinking his ale purchased by Twylight. He already grew very fond of the girl, and the pint made his feelings stronger. Right as he finished off his last drop he looked down to see the parchment again, this time what was written said:

So what brings you to the Green Dragon Inn? It's very far from your home.

"Oh so yeh want to know do yeh!?" It seemed the ale had made th man a little tipsy. "Well - Aye have ben put in charge of the Old forest since meh father Tom and his lady disappeared- to where? Oi! Aye can't tell you! 's a secret! Baht anyways, aye decided aye shood go and check up on the trees in there. Mek sure they're not cawsin too much trooble."

Iadarion hicupped which provoked a parched laugh from Twylight who, not being a drinker herself, could handle more nectar than this man. Iadarion smiled and continued.

"Sue aye dee-cided to come en 'ere and tek a small vayy-cation."

Hiccup

Then, all of a sudden Iadarion leapt on the table and broke out into song:

Oh! Welcome all you halflings past the borders of your Shire!
To a place of green and brown and things, but never that of fire!
They say it's dark, and dangerous, and all the trees're to fear!
But my grand old home in the forest of Old, oh I say it's not so queer...!

But his embarrassing drunken song was cut short as he fell to the ground. ( To the delight of some) Twylight tried to wake him up for awhile after, and just as she gave up and was ready to leave, Iadarion sprang up and said, "So! tell me of yourself fair lady!"

All she thought of then was of what an odd fellow he was.