View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
As he had often been feeling of late, Scyld found himself feeling both satisfied and annoyed with Sorn’s opinion and treatment of him. Satisfied, because he knew that meant that he was successfully hiding the best of his talents, but annoyed that he should treat him only as a messenger, one to do the menial work. Scyld knew that he could do better than this; the time was certainly coming for him to get out of this place and leave Sorn behind – but first, only if the right opportunity came along, of course, he would let Sorn know just how wrong he had been to underestimate him. But not now; the time was far from ripe.

“Of course, sir,” said Scyld, and took his leave. He spotted Osfrid wandering through the halls and did not immediately approach him; he wanted to see what Osfrid was up to. Sorn could wait a few extra minutes. After a short while it seemed quite clear that Osfrid was only exploring and not up to anything else, what with his carefree whistling and nonchalant walk. Scyld felt slightly disappointed but tucked the information away anyway: Osfrid likes to know his surroundings. He stepped out from behind the corner, allowing the floor boards to creak as he walked, as if he had just found Osfrid.

“Sorn would like to talk to you in his study,” he said. “He has a particular job for you, and your lady friend as well, I think.”

Osfrid looked rather surprised at the latter part but nevertheless responded, “Very well. Shall I fetch her, or go alone?”

“Alone, I think. Sorn said nothing of bringing her.”

“Lead the way, then.” And Scyld did so, although he disliked leading anyone anywhere; he preferred not to have anyone to his back. Not that he necessarily had anything to fear from Osfrid, but…

“So what do you think of Sorn’s house?” asked Scyld.