View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #15
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
A creak could be heard as Osfrid entered the room carefully. Sorn smiled and waved Osfrid over. "Come, come! I have a small plan I think you shall like to hear!". Sorn tapped out his pipe once more and, upon offering Osfrid a seat opposite him, took his own in front of the hearth.

"That young lady has a troublesome look in her eye." Sorn began, and Osfrid did not argue. "She will try to escape any way she can. While Scyld guards her very well, it will be quite wearisome having to keep up with her antics. Do you not agree?" Sorn pretended to wish the man's opinion, but Osfrid simply gave a mute nod. Sorn leaned forward and smiled, finally glad to reveal his brilliant scheme.

"I want you to take yourself to the Mead Hall of Eodwine. I shall give you a day or two to prepare, if you wish. There, you and your Lady will try to blend as you can, and find out more about the Lady Linduial..." At this, Osfrid looked at him quizically.

"What might we gain from this? Is that what you are thinking?". Sorn didn't wait for him to answer, but leapt up and chuckled "Apart from her pride and vanity, this little Lady of Dol Amroth must have a weakness! I wish to find a person she holds dear. Do not fret, good man, we shall not steal another person! Simply find out someone she would be sore to see hurt..." Sorn winked, certain that he understood his meaning.

"Do you agree to this, Osfrid? I can always send someone else if you object, though I am sure you'd be the best at playing the act, to put it simply..."