View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #21
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Deren watched Haleth for a moment as he left and then turned his eyes back to Eodwine. The man glanced him over quickly, before addressing him. “Tell me, Deren, what is your skill?” he asked.

“With weapons, sir, I’m best with a sword. I have a fair shot with a bow and arrow, but I’m sorry to say I’m no good with a spear. I’ve been part of the guard for twelve years now, sir, and have been under Haleth’s command for the last four. I can hold my tongue when asked (though not so well when not asked) and follow orders without question. I’ll go where you lead, even if it be to death. I’ll swear upon my sword that I’ll be true to you so long as you are my commander.”

As he finished, he laid his hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it, should the Eorl bid him to. His eyes shone with the loyalty that he felt and he knew that he had not just made a rash promise to man who would abuse his allegiance.