View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #28
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Lin looked up, the change in tone enough to pull her attention away from her hurts. "I--I would be grateful." Her voice was soft, and she met Scyld's eyes for the first time without defiance. "I will try to wrap it...but I do not know how. Perhaps..."

She fell silent, trying to think of a way to get her a healer that would appeal to Sorn's selfishness. "If I am ransomed, and it has healed wrong, it could be a reason for my family to continue to search for Sorn, and my father's resources are great. Could that perhaps sway him?"

Scyld seemed to be thinking about something, and while his gaze was intense, his answer was non-commital. "Mayhap."

"And it wouldn't take any great skill." Lin winced, forcing herself to examine the break with her other hand, manipulating the ends of the bones--only one of the bones in her arm had broken, and it seemed to be a clean snap--Eru! that hurts! "Just a bone-setter. Someone with experience of battle-aid..." She realized suddenly that she was begging, and cut her words short, schooling her face back into its usual calm, with only a tightness about her mouth to reveal that she was, truly, in a great deal of pain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firefoot's post

“So you do beg. Very well; wine or some such you will have with your meal,” he allowed, “but I would not count on any kind of bone setter.” He said no more, and he thought he heard a soft sigh from Linduial.

After a while, Scyld heard the soft ripping of fabric and saw that she was indeed trying to wrap her arm, though it clearly caused her a great deal of hurt. She might be doing only what she would call necessary, Scyld mused, but there were some who would not have done nearly what she had. She called herself a child, and in many ways she was, naïveté not least, but she was resourceful, too. Altogether an interesting person.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 05-27-2006 at 09:40 AM.