View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #36
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Haleth

Haleth emerged from Meduseld to find the company of his men that he had gathered to find Linduial waiting. Standing on the steps so that everyone could see him, he held up his hand for silence. He had done some research since he had talked to Eodwine, and had come up with some ideas for at least starting to find the filth that had kidnapped the Lady Linduial.

“First of all,” began Haleth, once the crowd was quiet, “I extend the Queen’s and my thanks to you for showing up today. Your willingness to serve in this venture is appreciated. However, before we can go riding off to rescue the Lady Linduial, we must have some idea of where she is being held. To do this, I require two things of you. First, I would have a couple of men stationed at the gates to Edoras; all travelers entering the city should be questioned about whether they have seen anything suspicious on the road. Secondly, word must spread through the city of this vile kidnapping; it should also be known that anyone with word of the kidnapping will be rewarded handsomely.” After going into further detail and divvying up roles, Haleth sought out Eodwine, who he had spotted near the back of the crowd.

“I have gone through the records of the king,” said Haleth after they had greeted each other, “and have come up with this list of perhaps ten men who might have been stirred to commit the kidnapping.” He pulled a folded piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to Eodwine. “A couple were eliminated almost immediately either by myself or the queen or king for various reasons. I believe there are five or six names left? I thought we might start here in looking for our kidnapper. Have you any suggestions?”