View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #38
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I chose "other", simply because I'm Pagan. I wasn't really raised as anything and was only baptised as a Catholic so I could stay in a Catholic school. My mom was open to various religious practices, and when she started to practice Paganism I found an absolute interest in the more nature based religion (must be the Elf in me talking). After a few years my mom decided to steer her course more towards Buddhism. I stayed happily with my newfound Pagan beliefs (or to some I suppose Wicca is the term, but that word to me is founded with many flaky people who sit around bashing Christianity, something I couldn't be bothered with), after all this way of believing called to me very strongly.

I suppose my faith could have affected the way I read the Silm, the Hobbit and LOR. But I truly think that if I was capable of comprehending the written language at a younger age I would still feel the same with or without religion. With religion I can simply make parallels between the books and Paganism. After all I'm incredibly fond of nature and the sense of peace it gives me that nothing else can, aside from I suppose death.