View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Tol-in-Gaurhoth LXVIII: A Full Moon Over Innsmouth

"Ah, Innsmouth. What more can I possibly say about our fair city? I get such a sense of history from it, you know. They say we have some of the oldest buildings on the continent here. And even the newer ones, like that Order of Dagon hall, seem to have a sort of ... timelessness about them.

And the people here, well, I've never met a nicer sort. They aren't the easiest to get to know, but once you've been here long enough, nowhere else is nicer.

Over here is the Marsh cannery. It's the only thing keeping this town alive in these modern times. Gods only know why he hasn't moved it to someplace easier to get to, but I'm grateful just the same. Although, we do seem to get lucky with our catch most years. I can't remember the last time we had an honest-to-goodness bad year. Something about the geography of the place seems to bring the fish right to our doorstep, if you know what I mean.

And here's the hotel. Not real busy this time of year, but there's always a few just passing through. Tonight I've counted at least six or eight get off the bus, and not all local boys, either. It's interesting, to say the least.

Hold on a second. I just got an unseasonable chill. Like something stalked over my grave. Alright, let's keep walking.

Well stranger, thanks for talking with me, but it's getting late, and I've got to sleep. My corner's just on the other side of that building. Hopefully I'll see you again sometime."

"Sooner than you would expect, old man."

- from the last conversation of McCaber, town drunk and general layabout.

NIGHT ONE BEGINS. DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD YET.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote