View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just to avoid any false attacks by the wolves I'll open with this statement I (and many others) have already made: the seer is solely responsible for her/his choices. What we others can and should do is to give her/him some food for thought to base / help her/his decisions on. There are so many voices around here... for good and for evil.

But how I see this is the following.

Premise 1.
Having a continuos protection for the seer from Day1 on would be absolutely great for us - and absolutely horrible for the wolves.

Premise 2.
The plan is not "certain". For...

We can only protect the seer every Night as long as the ranger lives.

The wolves can "counter-reveal" making it hard for us to choose between the two.

As it is said that there are some secret roles, there is a possibility one of them might spoil the plan (although there is no cobbler which would have ruined the plan from the very beginning).

Premise 3.
Every villager hopes for the best of the village according to their understanding of the situation. The wolves need to consider whether to try openly to contest the best of the village trying to steer the opinions towards their favour or whether to go along with it to look good.

It's not always self-evident what is for the best of the village - especially with some new rules / set-ups for the game.

Intelligent wolves can make the difference and make the villagers to act against the good of the village despite their good intentions.

Postulate to 3.
We need to discuss it so that as many as possible would have as much information possible of the different views to form their own ideas about the best for the village.

Blah... it was fun as long as I had energy to continue... but it starts to feel like a bit too work-a-holic -way of doing this.

So I'll just make my "deductions" from these premises in a fairly normal post in a short while...

EDIT: Oh my! Since when you all started to post?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote