View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #76
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Later on that evening, after seeing to his horse and supplies, Melost walked back along one of terraces that over-looked the streams which flowed through the heart of Imladris. He breathed in and filled his lungs with the pure, clean air as he leaned against one of the railings. "Eru, Mighty One, I know that you are all-seeing and that you know the purpose for which many of us will fight and die in this great war. Ease my heart, take all my doubts, my fears and make them of no consequence." He bowed his head as he wrestled with himself, "It has been said that you care nothing for the affairs of this world, but I do not believe that. Therefore, grant that my friend Arthain will pass through unscathed, that he may live long in peace."

Having thus spoken the thoughts of his heart to the night air, he pushed away from the railing and went inside to spend sometime alone with Anwenelme. As he passed through the hall-ways, he heard up ahead the sounds of feminine laughter, followed by a man's low voice. Curious, he glanced around the corner and saw Anwenelme sitting next to Arthain, her face merry and her eyes bright with laughter. Melost ducked back before one of them could look up and returned to the room he shared with Thelian, only to find he and Dorlas sitting by the fire,sharing a companionable jug of wine. They glanced up as he entered and shut the door behind him feeling for the first time in his life, totally alone.