View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 06:07 PM   #25
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Sure, what he was doing wasn't exactly honorable but it seemed very disrespectful to change his death scene like that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Amen to that! PJ beat the subtlety out of that scene. I was appalled, to say the least, as were my book-reading fellow viewers. The majority of the audience burst into cheers, which I attribute to the general perversion of the Hollywood movie diet. I can forgive ignorance, but I was terribly disappointed with PJ nonetheless. The scene began so promisingly.<P>It was Shadowfax that did it, strangely enough. The editing there is horrible. Denethor is harrassing Pippin on his hands and knees, the fire burning on the pyre a full 4-5 feet above his head, then there's the Shadowfax confusion, and then he takes a tremendous leap backwards, from the crouching position, and lands squarely on the flames. It's ridiculous.
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote