View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 02:39 PM   #36
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry 'bout the quote mistake. I had my Fun Faramir Phrases all mix-up. I don't think the term possessed is too X-files-ish at all. It is a term commonly used in fantacy to mean that a bodiless spirit has taken over an unwilling host. With that definition, it fits perfectly. And I don't recall a single episode of X-files (I watched my fair share) that dealt with possession. But anyway, I can see how the Houseless would consider the easterlings (any body in a pinch).

I would like to keep the three groups. And I still say that it would make things far more interesting to have possessed Elves- even if the Housless are secondary. But perhaps the possessed could be secondary and the Houseless main players. Once taken, the possessed elves couldn't really do much- the houseless would be in control.

The groups- as I said- I would like to keep. Of course, some would need to be able to get to where they're going quickly- that would be the emmissaries from Lorien. The scouting party wouldn't use horses; too many details would be lost to the scouts. They could split the horses after they meet up. Some would ride to warn Celeborn, the others would go to Mirkwood for help. If it's such a big force from Dol Guldur, then Lorien would need the help.

Am I on the right track?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen