View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #38
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I can't be both spy/wolf and seer at the same time!
Yes you can - if you're a turned acolyte. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yeah, but the wolves are also listening. Personally, I don't want to give them ideas about how to strengthen their side.
I see the point, but not so much the danger. At this stage, our hypotheses are most likely to be off the mark or at best incomplete, and in the end it comes down to how the Acolyte really works, not how we or the wolves think we can use them. In the meantime, I'm sure the wolves don't want to give us ideas either, so they (or some of them) might be trying to avoid the discussion. See my point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I think we have yet another possibility, which is the age-old "birthday dreamer" role. There a person picks someone fex. on N3 and gets the role that person has.
The birthday dreamer I remember just got a dream on a predetermined Night, without any role change involved (right, Lottie?). Otherwise, this is basically the same as Boro's mythomaniac, which looks like a coherent theory to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Manage to? Is this something you're hoping will happen?
Yes. I pray for it every night before I go to bed. Don't you?

Now, to get down to business, the most interesting thing that has happened so far is between Legate and Zil. Legate is of course right that saying "But we have to catch wolves" is a) easy and b) doesn't achieve anything in actually catching them [plus c) it's more or less saying "look how determined I am to catch wolves, I can't possibly be one"], and also in criticizing Zil for keeping aloof of the Acolyte discussion without suggesting an alternative.

The problem with this is that Zil plunging headlong into a D1 discussion with arguments left right & center is about as likely to happen as Bom starting D1 with a Nogrodesque rallying speech. He has this style of hanging back, observing and biding his time early in the game, and whenever I've suspected him because of it I've been wrong.

That said, Legate's criticism of him looks innocent to me (and the vehemence with which he pursued it just feels un-faked), but I don't like how people regurgitate it now and pile onto an easy suspicion (people meaning Rikae and Eönwë - especially Eönwë who complains about 'people' [no names given] 'bandwaggoning on that discussion' while doing it himself).

EDIT: x-ed from #34 down.