Thread: The Dunedain?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 07:22 AM   #20
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Oops, I seem to have provoked somewhat of a kerfuffle here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerenIstarion
... is it strange to find the sibblings snap at you for being off topic?
I'd say on-topic but insubstantial.

Thank you, HI, for your valiant attempt to defend my original post. But Elessar and Gothbogg were quite right to pick me up on it. Posts expressing a mere opinion without explanation are best avoided. Blame it on being at work and an undue bout of peevishness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerenIstarion
I lost a lot more sleep over Elrond coming to Aragorn having to urge him to war and press him up with Arwen whose (excuse messed up quotation) 'life is passing as long as ring exists'.
Now the latter is indeed, in my view, a valid criticism as tying Arwen's life to the fate of the Ring simply doesn't make sense within the context of the film. But that's for another topic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar Telcontar
... see it just goes to show how we can all misinterpret how someone means to say something on these god-forsaken computers.
Indeed. As illustrated by the fact that, while HI uses " " to denote sarcasm, I use it to denote either exasperation or self-effacement, depending on the context. Danged smilies - can't rely on them ...

Right, as HI suggests, let's get back on topic. My apologies for having provoked this impromptu (albeit slightly iluminatory) detour.