View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 04:09 AM   #189
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Eye Character Profile + first post

So, here is my (lameass) character - finally...

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES - Which one? Hunt of the Dragon, Flight from Rohan, Corsairs and Corsets, Setting sails for Valinor, Breelanders All!, Hunted, Last Hope for Moria, Bloodstained Elanor, Hunt for the Palantiri and..er..(Shadow of the West)

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?

None.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn? – Yep- a long time a ago..

Orofaniel's character

NAME: Geldion (Gel-dhi-on)

RACE: Noldor elf.

WEAPONS:
Geldion is highly skilled with his sword, and it has always been his weapon of choice. His sword was given to him by his brother. At a glance, this sword looks like an ordinary sword, but the blade is much sharper and much lighter than one would think in the first place. If needed, Geldion has proved well with both spears and bow.

APPEARANCE: Tall and slim, like most elves. He has greyish eyes, and they are rather small in his somewhat round face. He has some rather strong features; long and somewhat rare nose, and strong- but not bushy eyebrows. His hair is often worn in a plait. In battles he wears a light armour, helmet, daggers, and of course his sword. He usually wears soft, light tunics with silver embroidery.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: An ordinary elf, but perhaps more skilled in battle strategies and tactics than most. This has not been a natural thing for him, rather a knowledge that has grown with him over the years. He has observed, watched and learned from his superior(s), especially the King and his closest followers – whom Geldion owns much respect. He has, because of this, grown to be a reliable and a loyal advisor.

Geldion is easily attached to people for better or worse. He is likeable and respected amongst his fellow elves.

Geldion likes to have big responsibilities and most of the time he carries them out with great success. He does not like the thought of defeat, or failure of any kind, and is therefore very careful when facing difficult or challenging decisions and so forth. He prefers to have some sort of control over the current situation and be updated on recent events. He is in many ways just an advisor, but he also has a great impact on those who carry out the plans. Therefore in many ways he is some sort of a leader type. Although he has never really led any sort of armies, he knows exactly which tactics that has to be used, and how they should carry out the mission. Although since this is still new to him, one cannot guarantee he won't meet some minor, or bigger, defeats. He is however, a person with strong confident in what he does, and does not easily give up. He is after all, a warrior.

HSTORY: Geldion joined Gil-Galad when he received the kingship of the Noldor. And followed him until Gil-Galad established Lindon, where Geldion also settled. Geldion is a loyal follower of his High King, and has been so ever since Gil-Galad received the kingship of the Noldor.

Most of his family were lost to him during the Great Battle. His brother mourned and was lost shortly after, leaving his sword behind, for Geldion to use.

Geldion is a close friend to Ondomirë. They met each other in Lindon when Gil-Galad established it. Both of them are to this day humble servants and loyal to The King. Geldion has therefore, much like his friend, volunteered to be captain for the swordsmen.

Orofaniel's post

‘Best we give the stripling all the support we can, don’t you think?’ he said quietly as he sat back down.

"Ondomirë, you know better, age and wisdom are not automatically connected," Geldion said under his breath, smiling at the elf, who had just gotten up from his seat to volunteer to lead the archers in the upcoming battle.

It was Geldion turn to get up. "My friend here Ondomire," Geldion started, looking back at the elf, "has just volunteered to lead one of the division," Geldion then said. "Aye, it will be the archers," Ondomirë confirmed. "It would be my honour, my King, if I could lead the division with the swordsmen," Geldion said.

The King looked at him. He didn't look surprised, but curious, or even - in wonder. Why would he volunteer for that, an elf who had not experience whatsoever with leading any force or sort of armies at all? "I know what The King must be thinking. I have not leaded any divisions before. I am merely a humble advisor. I am nevertheless, a warrior as well. I'm highly skilled with the sword, and therefore I would be honoured if the King would grant me the division of swordsmen,” Geldion finished. But just as the words and sentences had slipped from his tongue, he felt as though if he regretted it; this was no place for him. He was not able to lead soldiers into war. It didn’t suit him. He couldn’t do it; he was after all just an advisor. Tactics and strategies was his main field. He was however, a good warrior in combats. He admitted not to be as talented with the spears as with as swords though.

His thoughts circulated for a few seconds, before he opened his mouth again; “It is a task of great responsibility and it is perhaps too much for me to undertake at this point. Thus, I understand if the council wishes me to withdraw and come as a soldier only. Either way, I will do as you command, my King." He straightened his back, not looking the King in the eyes. He found himself trying to avoid the eyes of the elves present at the meeting.

The elves said naught for a couple of moments. All seemed to be in deep thought. Elrond had turned away from the map, and was now looking at Gil -Galad

"I think it only fair that you shall be the captain of the swordsmen," and elf said, but not clear or loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Indeed," another elf whispered. "You have served me well over the years," the King said. "You shall therefore lead the swordsman, but remember not only to use your skills when in battle, but also when preparing for it. You shall go not only as a Captain, but also as an advisor. Remember that," Gil-Galad said quietly. A feeling of great sensation of joy and relief reached Geldion's body and mind as the King spoke. Maybe he had been too critical towards his own abilities. Perhaps he was the right man for this task after all. The king, the man Geldion respected the most, showed confidence in him by giving him the swordsmen division, and thus Geldion promised himself not to fail or be defeated.

"Thank you, my King. I will not fail," he said and thanked the elves altogether, as he bowed. "Let us hope so," Ondomirë said, smiling at him as Geldion seated again.

Edited if needed of course!

Cheers,
Orofaniel

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-15-2005 at 05:09 PM.