View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #197
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Narya

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the Second Age around the year 1695.

The storyline itself or plot covers: possible gaming of events leading up to the war between Sauron and the Elves of Eregion + the weeks during which the city of Ost-in-Edhil was besieged and destroyed.

Further note about timeframe for game from Durelin:

The game will not be starting in SA 1693, but rather 1695. Unfortunately, that means that we will not be dealing with the hiding of the rings, but that really cannot be fit in. Rather, the game will begin with the following:
  • Sauron will have invaded Eriador
  • A council in Lindon will decide to send a contingent under Elrond's command to Ost-in-Edhil
  • Lorien will send a small contingent to Ost-in-Edhil to participate in the defense
    • shortly, this contingent will be met by the dwarves who will join up with them and lead them through Moria
  • 'refugees' from the outlying lands of Eregion surrounding Ost-in-Edhil will be arriving at the city and the inhabitants will be preparing for battle, mustering forces
  • the baddies will not have entered the picture yet
(Note: if you'll notice, we must start the game in 1695 to be able to get things moving properly.)

At some point, we will be making a transition where we jump a period of time to get to the battle itself in 1697. We wil assume that the battle occured early in that year, and that we will be starting late in the year of 1695. A little over a year later, the battle will begin, but, of course, we will have to skip some of that. What I propose is this: an almost 'journal' style rush through time. We could begin with December of 1695, and then after a week, with a post from me, I suppose, the game would move to February of 1696, skipping every other month.

That could get really confusing, though. So, the simpler way is to simply say that we will spend about a month and a half (RL time) in 1695, and then jump to 1697. That jump would not land us in the battle immediately, but then there would be only a week or two (RL time) until the battle (unless of course we wanted to spend longer on the battle).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE:

This game requires a time commitment of 2 1/2 months from me, the game owner, and from the major players.

Depending upon ongoing interest in plot development, the game may extend beyond the 2 1/2 months, so that the storyline can reach a suitable conclusion, agreeable to the Owner and the other gamers.