View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I see the avatars as an extension of the person as you mentioned. When Hookbill and you both changed your avatars it annoyed me. We get so used to seeing the people and avatars around us the same way that when one change comes up it bothers us until we get used to it. In my experience the changes are not always that obvious but online the avatars help to notice. I think it is even clearer with signatures since they are quotes.

Nogrod, you said you are not sure you can make out a pattern. I can see why it would be hard to make out a pattern since you have been on this site for a while. I have only been here for a little over 2 months and looking at the four avatars I have used I can see the change in my personality, sort of. I started off with a painting of a starry night and some mountains. I had a small personality shift and I changed it to a drawing of some woman then I changed it to a drawing of a woman in the rain and then to the one I have now. I changed it cause of my brief personality shift which is also why I changed my signature here. I kept changing it cause I felt none of them fit right until I changed it to the one I have now. That is my, well it sure as hell isn't my two cents.