View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 01:34 PM   #31
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
*ahem hoom hum* Remember, people, it's a parody. The proof is in the pudding.
I do believe he forgot some things, though. I say 'harumph' to such a credibility-lacking site, as it leaves much to be desired. Pour example...

1. Rowling vs. Tolkien: The Ringwraiths are an obvious rip-off of J.K.Rowling's Dementors. Just as Shelob is an apparent rip-off of Rowling's Aragog. Gollum is a rip-off of Rowling's character Dobby. Treebeard is a rip-off of Rowling's Whomping Willow. Hmm-hoom-hom-hum, disgraceful...And that's just Rowling rip-offs. (milord, my memory of that series is considerably less fresh than my memory of the LotR series itself. Well, one work of fiction must be subject to the overpowering grandeur of another).

3. The Lord of the Contact Lens: As a lidless eye, retenal functions for Sauron would be painful, and cause said eye to tear uncontrollably. Of course, the searing heat of the eye-flame would deter those tears. Sauron would've been more worried about manufacturing a giant contact lens than getting a ring that he couldn't wear, for lack of fingers. His optical control should have been put first.

4. Holiday Heroes Homogenized: For the bizarre 'adaptation' of the movies, entitled Lord of the Rings, the character 'Tom Bombadil' was a blatant rip-off of Santa Clause, Goldberry of Mrs. Clause, living happily in a forest rather than the North Pole. The Balrog of Moria is an equally blatant spinoff of the Easter Bunny, delivering fiery death rather than easily spoiling, brightly colored eggs.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies

Last edited by Kransha; 07-04-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote