View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 07:53 PM   #91
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

* Enters cheerily enough with mud on his boots and the bottom fringes of his robes, and a small stray down-feather in his flowing beard from tramping around Magee Marsh and Sheldon Lake all day. Smiles a "hallo" to all conversationalists here in general, and to Raefindel in particular. *

Good greetings, Raefindel:

Verily, frightful at the time, but exhilarating to look back on! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Meanwhile, so many other spring journeys have inspired joy, wonderment, and awe ... only I hesitate to share them here, having not yet figured out how to phrase them in the commonly accepted speech of Middle Earth.

As for you, were you fortunate enough to see the lunar eclipse? Too cloudy where I was. But I'm already looking forward to the Perseid Meteor Shower in August.

Meanwhile, here's hoping you're enjoying the Midgewater Marshes as much as I'm enjoying such marshland as Magee/Crane Creek, Ira Rd., and the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge (affectionately called the Alabama Swamps by the locals and rumored to contain quicksand) when I travel farther afield. What do you see, or what sorts of adventures befall you, when you explore the Midgewater Marshes? (Or should my first question be, do you live 200 miles away from the marshes, or are you laying claim to 200 miles worth of marshland as your home?)

Gandalf the Grey

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]
Gandalf_theGrey is offline   Reply With Quote