View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #154
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anwir smiled at Mærcwen and continued grooming the mare, who stood quietly during this intrusion into her privacy and chewed on some hay. Mærcwen chattered constantly until Anwir interrupted her with the question "Do you want to try grooming her? She's a very kind animal."

Mærcwen gave Anwir a big smile and nodded, saying "Oh, this horse is so beautiful! And I do love her so! Isn't she sweet? Where are you from? What are your parents like? Do you have any brothers or sisters, Anwir?"

The boy was about to answer when Mærcwen grabbed the brush and began stroking the mare's side, still bombarding him with questions. All Anwir could do was smile and nod as the girl fired questions at him faster than a galloping horse. He picked up a comb and began working a tangle out of the mare's mane, grunting when he finally got it out. Mærcwen watched him and said, "Wow, Anwir! You're really good with horses, just like my Papa said!"