View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 12:49 AM   #157
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

"I'm in the house Lachlan, come and help an old man out."

Lachlan headed into the mans workshop, where he found him struggling with a hefty chest. Putting his arms under it, he helped lift it out of the way.

Inquiring after the kegs, Lachlan saw all the chests and various things scattered about. With a tilt of the head he asked "What is all the stuff in there? Are you trying to break into the merchant business?"

"Nay, those items belong to my sister. She just came today and left me with all of that. As for your kegs, today was market day and I've been trying to add a bit on the house for my sister, so I've only got one left but it's not of the best quality. Not too good looking for selling purposes, not bad for storage though. I'll make you some better ones if you want to come back tomorrow. What say you?"

'Ah, that'll be fine!' smiles Lachlan 'Im in need of fine and not so fine kegs now that I recall it all. Some are for the longer stroage y'see.' He followed Lowfel out back to his workshop, and inspected the kegs he had.

'Aye, these will do well friend' he said as he began hauling them. Within little time enough were loaded. Taking a breather on a bench and wiping his forhead he saw that more of these chests were yet to be dragged in.

'It seems my strength is needed in many places of late my friend. I have naught to do for the rest of the day, so I'll help ye with the rest of this stuff'

'Thankyou very much' smiled Lowfel 'I was wondering what stranger I would ask' he laughed.

'Say, with all this work for you, you'll be needing a little rest. And Im sure that your sister will too. There are plenty of spare seats at my family table tonight if you'd like? Father always enjoys seeing you? Let me return in kind eh?'