View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 10:51 AM   #353
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

30 Nárië

Pio left Lórien to his musings when the moon began to set. ‘I should go now, and try to get some sleep, while my little ones are quiet.’ She rose, using his shoulder to steady herself. He smiled up at her, a playful look on his face. ‘Go to your rest. I’ll give them sweet dreams, and they’ll sleep a little longer then.’ He waved her off when she turned to look at him from the river bank, and fell back into his own thoughts.

She hurried back through the still dark night. The wind had blown the clouds away and no rain had fallen. The trees seem to chide her as she passed, that she had been in some way responsible. ‘Sorry!’ she murmured as she passed the beech tree once again.

Reaching the back door to the inn, Pio passed through the kitchen. She nodded to Cook, busy with her baking for the day. A posset of warmed milk and honey was gratefully accepted, but an offer of sweet buns declined. Cook shook her head, saying she would send a plate of breakfast round later.

‘Much later, if you please. I am tired and the babies are quiet for now. Let me sleep as long as I can.’

Cook nodded, saying that she would see to it she was not disturbed for a while. Pio turned back from the door into the Common Room just as she swung it open. ‘If you see Cami, by any chance, let her know I have news of Rose for her . . .’