View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 12:56 AM   #370
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Regin Hardhammer

“Hello Aidan, a pleasure to make your acquaintance,” said the Dwarf politely as he extended his short muscular arm. Aidan smiled and grasped the dwarf’s hand and shook firmly. Regin liked this man; he seemed friendly and genuine. “We greatly appreciate your help fine sir in rebuilding the Green Dragon. The folk here might not be the sharpest, but I think you will find them welcoming and kind hearted. Nevertheless, I would advise you to watch out for falling beams or stones, there seem to be a lot of them around here.”

“What would you like to like to do? You don’t happen to be skilled in masonry do you? That would be the most fortunate if you knew a thing or two about stone. We could use some assistance on finishing the foundation. Your services are also needed in the construction of the fireplace in the commons, constructing the gates, or fashioning beams for the building. Wherever you choose to help, we will be very grateful.”

“I would love to stay and show you around, but I simply do not have the time. I can not begin to tell you how much work it is being in charge of reconstructing this Inn. I now have a new found appreciation for sleeping. Now I if you excuse me I have some business to attend to.”

With that the Dwarf left Amman and Aidan standing by the entrance to the Inn now under construction. The building was beginning to take shape and Regin thought that it would not be a long way off until its completion. Now is the time for my project he thought. I best get started so that the task will be completed before the reopening party. Won’t they all be surprised when they see it, he chuckled to himself and went off to work on his plan in secret.