View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 06:02 PM   #131
symestreem
Face in the Water

symestreem has just left Hobbiton.
Symestreem had long ago learned one of the advantages of being mute: you didn't have to chew your food before you talked. She took another bite of pizza and wrote,
Yes, I carry the fiddle with me but I also play the pipe and the accordian. I once played something called a 'piano', but I've never seen another one. Have either of you ever heard of it?
While they read this, she went to go grab more pizza. A short young woman was standing by the tables, apparently having a pizza-eating contest with herself. On a hunch, symestreem tapped the woman on the shoulder.
Excuse me, she wrote, but are you Eowyn Skywalker? I've been looking for you. Someone told me you knew songs from another galaxy. Then she added, You can come sit with us if you want, but I'm not sure if we'd be more engaging company than the pizza. Which is quite good, by the way. Then she handed the note to Eowyn Skywalker with a smile and a wave and headed back to her nearby table (with more pizza, of course, and some drinks that she snagged along the way!)