Thread: Is Eru God?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #130
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
Quote:
Excellent points all, but let's try to avoid going down this particular road shall we? The Wight himself in all his wisdom has declared that the Downs is here to discuss matters Tolkien-related and that all discussions theological, political and social should take place privately. I don't know about the rest of you but I tremble in my gibbet at the notion of being Barrow Wighted, so let's keep this on point....
True! And you better watch out, I got an unsigned neg rep for saying the same thing as Roa_Aoife said in his post. Whoever gave me it, I would be glad if you could pm me and explain to me if there was more to that neg rep than personal feelings for that subject. Sorry if I'm off-topic...

Mithalwen:
Quote:
I don't see how "Christian Morals" come into it - I rather think that the morals so described may be held by those of other religions or none.
I couldn't agree more. What in the ME rules of morale makes it Christian? What separates it from what is normally considered good or bad, all over the world? I think the morale of ME reflects common sense and a view of things that isn't related to religion.

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote