View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #19
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
There is no widespread acceptance of such an idea. .
We clearly haven't been to the same websites..... when there was the blessed chance it would be someone else you would have thought the world was literally coming to an end in some quarters. I don't hate the movies... I reserve such emotions for more worthy targets. Its a curate's egg. I just find that I have more interesting things to do with my life than sit though them again on a TV screen.

Reagardless I think too much time has passed to try and shoehorn the Hobbit in to the established LOTR mould. Maybe one day when the copyrights have expired someone will do a remake that will tell the entire history of the Quest of Erebor and the War of the Ring without having to martyr themselves to continuity. Jackson's LOTR was Frodo's story and the one place where he was very faithful was following the hobbit centric perspective of the book. Personally I think you could tell the history as Aragorn's story and you solve a lot of the dramatic problems which apparently necessitated the more major changes. No doubt many would disagree.

However having made the Rings as a stand a lone film I think it would be better to do the same for the Hobbit. And I really can't see how they can stretch it out over two films. Is there really enough and will people be interested enough to go back months or a year later?

I adore Hugo Weaving and he might lure me in. I thought he was good as Elrond. It isn't a huge role and I guess he might well do it if asked. though maybe not if he has to tralalalally...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote